Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jenny's Blueberry French Toast

During the Holiday season, I was lucky that my friend at work Jenny had to bring in something for her department's holiday breakfast.  She was so pleased with how her dish turned out that she called me and told me I had to come try some.  I was so impressed, I made it for my family the following weekend.  It's a keeper for sure...Thanks Jenny!

 French Toast
1 Loaf of French Bread (Cut in to cubes)
1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese (Cut in to cubes)
1 Cup of Blueberries (Fresh)
10 Large Eggs
1/3 Cup of Maple Syrup
1 ½ Cups of Heavy Cream
½ Cup of Milk
2 Tablespoons of Sugar.

Blueberry Syrup
1 Cup of Sugar
1 Cup of Water
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1 Cup of Blueberries
1 Tablespoon of Butter

How to prepare the French Toast:
Heat Oven to 350. Grease a 9X13 casserole dish. Layer bottom of the dish with half of the bread cubes. Sprinkle cream cheese cubes and blueberries evenly over the bread.
Top with the remaining bread cubes.
Mix together eggs, milk, sugar and syrup.
Pour over bread cubes and cover pan with foil. Let chill in refrigerator overnight.
Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden. Top with sauce.

How to prepare the Syrup:
Cook water, sugar and cornstarch on medium heat until thickened. Stir in blueberries and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir pot till most blueberries have popped. Serve over the French toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment