Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm halfway to 40 today...

Spent a lot of the day reflecting, halfway to 40...I feel like it wasn't that long ago that Lindsey and I celebrated 16 and 17.  All those nights we stayed up talking, about what we would become, was this what I pictured?  I'm not really sure, but I am lucky.  I woke up on my special day to a wonderful man wishing me Happy Birthday.  My sweet 2 year old Savannah sang "Happy Birthday Mommy" the whole trip to her school. My thoughtful co workers started my day with a chocolate doughnut and a hot chocolate.   All day I had birthday wishes from people near and far, old friends, and new.  I'm blessed I married into the Linder family, they all sent me good wishes today  Some Birthday messages also brought tears to my eyes, Uncle Jeff says he still remembers getting the call the day I was born?  Really?!!  My Mom is thoughtful, caring, and prepared my favorite dinner tonight and it tasted better than ever - although it's an annual tradition.

As I sat in my office, was driving home, and at the dinner table, I kept thinking...I'm lucky to have this life.  I type this with a glass of wine by my side.  Cheers to my best high school friend who shares this day with me, Lindsey, I always smile knowing this is not my day but ours.  Thank you to all I'm so lucky to call family and friends.  Could I have it any better?  I don't think so. Halfway to 40 and life is good.  Really good. 

Signing off for now with a happy heart, full belly, and almost empty glass of wine!
Love,
Torrey


No comments:

Post a Comment