Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mom's Broccoli Salad

As I've gotten older, I've certainly appreciated more what a good cook my Mom is. More than this, I recall all of the dinners I was forced to sit through as a kid not at all appreciating what the meal was but thinking of when I could get up from the table and go call a friend or listen to my new favorite CD. Why wasn't I more thankful for the effort she put into our dinners? And why do I not even remember some things she made then that I think our new and delicious now?

Such is life, but thanks Mom for all of your good cooking. Thought I'd share a new "old" favorite!

Broccoli Salad

1 bunch Broccoli - raw or steamed - 1-2 minutes
1 Cup shredded cheddar
1 purple or vidalia onion diced
8 slices of bacon, fried, and crumbled
1/2 Cup mayonnaise
1/4 Cup granulated sugar - adjust to taste
1 T red wine vinegar - adjust to taste

Chop or tear broccoli into small pieces. Mix broccoli, cheese, onion, and bacon. Chill. Mix the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Pour over salad when ready to serve.

Enjoy!
Love to all,
Torrey

1 comment: